Well, the
3rd annual Dumfries & Galloway
Science Festival electrified the region all the way from Stranraer to
Langholm during the first week of May.
Almost 2000 schoolchildren took part in science workshops,
demonstrations and hands-on activities provided to 15 primary schools and 7
secondaries.
And on Saturday 5th May Wild Science
Family Mayhem! Day drew 620 avid
young scientists and their families to the Crichton Campus in Dumfries
to experience a real extravaganza of free science
workshops, interactive displays and (actually) explosive demonstrations for a
public audience.
Wearing my other hat, I had a great time being Writer in Residence, making nanoBOOKS and Poetry Postcards with lots of lively-minded children. Here's Luke with his Science Fiction in a Flash thriller, 'Steamworks'.
This little girl was 6 years old, working with English as her 2nd language. She wrote:
The salmon dreams in the stream.
I saw the fish in my sleep.
I saw the fish in my sleep.




No comments:
Post a Comment